Our name is no accident. With teamCFO you get much more than a highly-qualified chief financial officer. You get the combined experience of a team of executives working on your behalf. Our team has years of experience in a broad spectrum of industries, both service and product-based. Many have experience as CPAs with Big 4 accounting firms and as senior management in large public and private businesses.
The teamCFO executive leadership team brings an effective balance of operational financial accounting expertise and senior level management strategic skills to the table. With experience in both large public and private businesses, with knowledge of both the business and the nonprofit worlds, as inside operators and outside auditors, the extended members of the teamCFO team have faced countless fiscal problems and found successful solutions.
As a business, teamCFO has received several regional and national awards, including the Asian Business Leadership Award by Wells Fargo/US Asian Pacific Chamber of Commerce and the Women in Business and Accountant Advocate Award by the Small Business Administration (SBA).
Bringing the strength of that financial expertise to your business, teamCFO leaves you free to focus on the other non-financial aspects of your business.
Carrie Tsang-Hidding, CPA, MBA
Carrie is a senior financial executive with over 25 years experience covering all aspects of accounting, operations, and finance, both business and nonprofits. She is a hands-on executive focused on building values for businesses. Carrie understands how financial strategies, sound accounting infrastructure and discipline can create sustainable long term business values.
Carrie also has extensive knowledge supporting nonprofits. She understands the dynamics of Board and management interactions and is skilled at grant management and cost allocation strategies that allow nonprofits to maximize funding where it is needed.
A seasoned specialist, Carrie is adept at improving financial systems, internal processes and controls to foster greater efficiency. Beyond fostering fiscal equilibrium, Carrie strives to identify opportunities to improve, and she is a strong planner and believer in using financial tools to drive business growth, performance and increase business value. A solid team player and listener, she is also a proactive, results-oriented manager, experienced at thriving in fast-paced environments.
With a dynamic team of business thinking accountants, Carrie leads teamCFO in the support of many industries and nonprofits.
Carrie’s resume includes:
- 10 years as a founding member of teamCFO
- 25+ years of combined financial, accounting and consulting experience at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC), with large public companies like First Interstate, East West Bank and privately held companies
- 5 years at PWC as audit manager with an emphasis on public business audits and emerging companies as they prepared to go public
- 10 years on the senior management teams of public companies, working with executive leadership and boards to address management of business risks, strategic planning, improvement of business processes and evaluation/design of internal control systems
- On the Boards of the California Society of CPA’s Los Angeles Chapter and the League of Women Voters Education Fund of Los Angeles; Past Treasurer of NAWBO LA, member of LA5, the Rotary club of Los Angeles and Past President and Trustee of the American Society of Women Accountants (ASWA) Los Angeles and ASWA Education Fund, Carrie also serves on the finance committee of several nonprofit client organizations.
Connect with Carrie Tsang-Hidding on LinkedIn
Laura has extensive experience as a strategic financial manager, overseeing large portfolios of diverse clients with PricewaterhouseCoopers and Ernst & Young. For close to a decade, she provided financial and strategic services including audit, mergers & acquisitions, litigation support, IPO and SEC projects and filings. While working at major public companies like GE Capital, Quaker State Corporation and the Heritage Insurance Group, Laura served in various financial and operational capacities including Vice President-Controller, Vice President-Finance, Vice President-Operations and Manager of Quality Processes.
Laura’s extensive operations experience combined with her financial expertise provide her with the ability to deliver financial solutions for businesses. With a focus on strategic thinking, Laura is adept at integrating process and systems. When she works with a new client, she believes that a true partnership emphasis helps to make sure a client’s goals are achieved. A strong supporter of working with clients in small businesses, she is dedicated to increasing the use of financial knowledge through decision making.
Laura is a recognized leader in the small business community and is frequently seeking to speak on behalf of it. She serves as the Chair on the national board of NAWBO and is an on-going contributor to public policy input on the national level.
Laura’s resume includes:
- 10 years as a founding member of teamCFO
- 25+ years in public accounting and private industry handling the operational financial needs of large public companies such as GE Capital, Zenith Insurance, Quaker State Corporation and Heritage Insurance Group as well as small to mid-sized privately held companies
- Experience in both operations (customer service, quality control) and financial services with a subsequent understanding of how to effectively balance the two essential business needs
- Skilled at integration of businesses and systems, she is a Six Sigma Quality Program graduate at General Electric who served on the GE M&A team, directly participating in numerous acquisitions
- Frequently cited in various publications and featured in articles in the LA Business Journal and the Los Angeles Times
- Teaches financial leadership classes at the national level focusing on financial literacy for business owners
- Served as Past Chair on the National Board of the National Association of Women Business Owners
- Serves on the National Women’s Business Council, an advisory panel to the President and Congress on economic issues important to women business owners
Connect with Laura Yamanaka on LinkedIn